[mythtv-users] MythVideo Internal player

Harald Deischinger harald.deischinger at aon.at
Tue Nov 9 21:03:06 UTC 2004

Hi!

I have just started to use the internal movie player via my PVR-350 TV-Out.
MPEG Playback is working very fine, but I noticed two annoying things.

- The length of the movie is miscalulated.  This causes the player to
stop before the end of the file. I have tried to play back some .nuv
files (recorded with the PVR-350) and renamed to .mpg. For those files I
noticed that the length displayed looks almost correct, but jitters by a
few seconds as the movie is played. And the player stopped at about 50%
of the file, just as if it had reached the end.

- Skipping though the movie is very slow when file is on "slow media". I
have the impression that the skipping does not simply skip within the
file, but reads all the file and skips only the rendering. I have played
back the file from a network drive (via 801.11g), even skipping over a
few seconds took quite some time.

But otherwise this is a really great feature. Getting the nice quality
of the PVR, and the great Myth OSD.

I think this internal movie player could be a simple alternative to
authoring DVDs. Just writing the .nuv files to a DVD should be much
easier - for archiving recordings this is enough for me.

regards
Harald

PS: Does anybody know when the next version of Myth is about to be
released. 0.16 has a nasty bug, that editing recordings is not possible
(when using the PVR-350 for output).