[mythtv-users] Wireless networking. Is is fast enough to work with a remote frontend?

Travis Kelley rhatguy at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 22:38:40 UTC 2004

802.11b is just barely to slow.  Maybe it would work if you transcoded
everything to mpeg4 so the bandwidth requirements would be lower, but I
was never able to get a good stream through "B".

802.11g is plenty fast enough.  I bought a couple of dlink cards and now
I'm able to run at least 2 simultaneous streams with no drop
whatsoever.  They aren't that expensive these days so if you're serious
about the remote frontend something like "G" or "A" is probably the way
to go.