[mythtv-users] Free mobo at newegg.com

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Wed Nov 10 08:50:47 UTC 2004

Yeah, I hear you.  Basically with ATI we are pretty much out of luck
with advanced Support.  Now ATI is releasing an AMD64 chipset perhaps
they'll make a greater effort to support Linux.  At least Nvidia has
been making an effort of late.  Maybe ATI will start to see more of a
market as Linux improves in multimedia.  At least 2.6 fixed the sound
problem.  Now all we need is decent wide spread 3D support.

State of Play So Far:

	Company		Linux Support

	Nvidia		OK
	S3/Via		Making an Effort
	ATI		So-So
	Matrox		Crap
	Sigma		Crap
	Hauppage	Crap

Is there anyone else left ?  Xabre perhaps ?  I think everybody else is
pretty much gone.  It's so sad.

Yan