[mythtv-users] Free mobo at newegg.com

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 10:48:05 UTC 2004

Xabre is S3 is it not?

I believe ATI is definitly making the effort, there drivers as of the
past month or tow have been quite decent.  They still have a long way
to go (I don't know if there is much hope of getting tv out to work on
this card) but the gl support is pretty good.

On the topic of the mobo, does it have any known hardware problems,
such as bad caps, say?  If not, I may just pick one up (even though I
don't have any intel chips since the P2) as if there is any hardware
combo that will work with it, that is a steal.  Even if it doesn't
work nearly as well as you would think it should, if you keep your
expectations low, it's hard to be that disappointed for that little $.

Oh, and by the way, I believe here in california the total cost will
be about $12, anywhere else where newegg doesn't tax (I think they tax
in like 3 states) it is $5.

Also, does anyone know if the problems are limited to linux?  I myself
would not use windows on it, but might be able to build it into a
windows box, and then trade it for my mom's comp (who I can't get to
switch to 'nix)

-Nate