[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Joshua King jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 10 11:31:48 UTC 2004

Hello all,

On 10/11/04 3:15 PM, "Phill Edwards" <phill_edwards at hotmail.com> wrote:

> At the moment I would say most of us are getting program info in a format
> that works and which is good enough for what we need for most of the time.
> For example, do we really need full program descriptions; can we really not
> live with some info missing occasionally?

Yes. Maybe we need a slightly different model with regards to descriptions
-- like capturing detailed information on demand, I like the descriptions
for when I archive recording but I archive 0.0001% of the programs in the
data that I grab (would also speed grabbing).

> Remember that this thread began
> when d1.com.au had some glitches and those seem to have been mostly resolved
> now, just a few days later. Why not leave it there for now and not act
> unless it looks like things are going to get well and truly broken?

I don't know about this. I don't consider d1 to be fixed. As above I don't
care about the descriptions, but I know I got less than 2 or 3 days of data
just yesterday for many channels. I don't expect it to improve much from
what I can see.

> PS - what's the status of the tv_grab_au interface to OzTiVo?

It's frozen right now... I'll finish testing it not before next Tuesday
(exams Fri & Tues, work Thurs & Sat) unfortunately and don't worry the group
will be the first or second to know.

Joshua King