[mythtv-users] Epia M10000 hardware mpeg2 tv-out issues

glen martin glenm at locutory.org
Wed Nov 10 17:44:20 UTC 2004

mgeller at mn.rr.com wrote:

> Via Epia M10000, 512MB RAM, 20GB HD loaded with Fedora Core2 via Jerod's
howto (thanks Jerod).  Software mpeg2 works but is way to CPU intensive and
choppy to be practical.
> Using the Unichrome drivers with a custom xorg.conf I got X to work via
tv-out but the minute I try to watch live TV I get either a black screen or
a error about insufficient resources.

> What is the best method to leverage the mpeg2 hardware on the epia?  Is
the Unichrome driver the way to go?  Does someone have a working xorg.conf
using NTSC that they could give me to try?  Any help greatly apperciated.  I
am so close to being done...

Have you seen this on using the Unichrome viaXvMC Hardware MPEG
interface?  I'm in the middle of setting this up myself, so can't claim it
works,
but it sounds to my novice ear like a right approach.

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=24597&group_id=102048

I'll also point you to "Unichrome on Fedora"
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=25332&group_id=102048
and prebuilt FC2 binaries of XvMC etc at
http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/

As I said, I'm in the middle of setting this up myself, will post
experiences
later when I've had some to report.  If others have feedback on the approach
I'd be interested in hearing them.

glen