[mythtv-users] Urgent question about the pcHDTV 3000

Anthony Vito anthony.vito at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 21:30:10 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:30:11 -0600, Shawn <core at enodev.com> wrote:
> On the website it says it only support terrestrial HDTV broadcasts, and
> not cable HDTV.
>
> Does this mean it could not accept a video input from the cable
> company's HDTV tuner?

The HD-3000 doesn't accept ANY video input ( ok ok.. .it has an NTSC
input that throws raw frame buffers.... but your not going to buy an
HD-3000 for that functionality, as you can get a 20 dollar card on
ebay to do that. )

> I was expecting to be able to use the pcHDTV 3000 like I currently use
> my PVR-250, and that is as an SVIDEO capture with myth controlling
> channels via serial cable.

A PVR-250 is absolutely perfect for an SVIDEO input encoding. The
HD-3000 is NOT an encoder. You have no reason to upgrade anything if
you keep this setup.

The HD-2000/3000 don't ACCEPT high def video inputs... They PRODUCE
the high def mpeg2 stream by ripping the radio freq over the air...
and MAYBE the 3000 will be able to rip UNENCRYPTED channels over cable
signals soon.

To get TRUE High Def OUT of your external HDTV tuner and INTO myth...
get out the programming books, oscilloscope, and start hacking the
firewire port.

--
Anthony Vito
anthony.vito at gmail.com