[mythtv-users] Clarification on solution from Jarod and Axel

Marty Boeckman Marty.Boeckman at comcast.net
Thu Nov 11 00:00:26 UTC 2004

> Do you get sound if you play the file on a different machine? Or is it
> definitely that the file is lacking audio?

I copied the mpg to a windows box and played it. There was no sound. So the file
is definitely lacking audio. Here's some more info. I have a SB live audio card
and a hauppauge pvr 350 card. Again, I can hear the wav file just fine. Here is
my modprobe.conf file:

alias eth0 3c59x
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-emu10k1
alias char-major-81 hisax
alias usb-controller uhci-hcd
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb

The .asoundrd file is an exact cut and paste from the howto guide.

Marty