[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 3000 (good experience)

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 06:58:42 UTC 2004

Just received my card this morning.  It took 3 hours from physical
installation of the card to recording an HD program with MythTV ... all fully
configured and compiled from straight cvs.

The card performs great even without a robust video card.  I can watch live tv
and pause/fast forward with no blips.  I have an old geforce2 mx so this is
all in software.  My machine is a dual processor so that probably helps
though.

BTW, the drivers and tools for the card installed and worked flawlessly with
my SuSE 9.1 distro.  No modifications except a slight change of one line to
one Makefile.  So, no big headaches for non-redhat anymore.

Finally, a big hearty THANK YOU to the mythtv developers and the folks at
pcHDTV, inc.