[mythtv-users] To TiVo or mythTV it

Rob Nichols rob at robnet.com
Thu Nov 11 09:03:24 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 10:24:29AM -0700, Rich wrote:
> 2. Now for a loaded question.  For those that have gone the mythTV route.
> If you walked into COSTCO and saw a Series2 TiVo 80hr box sitting there
> for $268 with a $100 rebate would you have rather bought that or dumped
> $1200 into a Linux mythTV box?  Would your wife agree?

This has probably come through in the other replies, but thought I'd waste a
little bandwidth and say it again.  I went the myth route because it seemed
like more fun.  And it has been fun.  My second reason was that myth is more
flexible...

No wife, but the SO loves what she calls the "tv project".