[mythtv-users] Broke my X server then it doesn't work

zardoz at zardoz.ath.cx zardoz at ZardoZ.ath.cx
Thu Nov 11 09:50:25 UTC 2004

as i wrote yesterday in an other thread, I don't know anything about fedora or
apt or what. but you could try it the 'native' way :

wget http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/ivtv-0.2.0-rc2p.tgz
zcat ivtv-0.2.0-rc2p.tgz | tar xvf -
cd ivtv-0.2.0-rc2p/driver/
make
make install
cd ../utils/
make
make install

if you move to a newer version (which you should), make sure you delete
all options for ivtv, msp3400, saa7xxx, and so on , keep only these lines :

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

add above ivtv ivtv-fb		# if you want to run tv-out on a 350

hth
---z