[mythtv-users] Clarification on solution from Jarod and Axel

Rob Rosenfeld mythtv.org at rosenfeld.to
Thu Nov 11 17:21:28 UTC 2004

>>Here's some more info. I have a SB live
>>audio card and a hauppauge pvr 350 card. Again, I can hear the wav file
>>just fine. Here is my modprobe.conf file:
>>
>>alias eth0 3c59x
>>alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
>>install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 &&
>>/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>>remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
>>/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-emu10k1
>>alias char-major-81 hisax
>>alias usb-controller uhci-hcd
>># ivtv modules setup
>>alias char-major-81 videodev
>>alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
>>install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb
>>
>>The .asoundrc file is an exact cut and paste from the howto guide.
>>

>The sound card and asoundrc don't seem to have anything to do with it, they're
>probably just fine. The culprit is most definitely ivtv, since a straight
>read off the mpeg2 encoder is resulting in a file without audio. I haven't a
>clue what the fix is, but I'd take this to the ivtv list.

I had a similar issue.  I'm using a PVR 250 and capturing the s-video
and line-in inputs.  I had to issue the following command (found on the
list) to capture sound from line-in and not the tuner (at least that's
what I think it does):

ivtvctl -v input=1,output=1

Not sure about your configuration, but might wanna check this setting.

--

Rob