[mythtv-users] Re: Dual tuners, frontend and backend doable on P4 520?

Mike Frisch mfrisch at isurfer.ca
Thu Nov 11 21:37:46 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 04:03:18PM -0500, James Armstrong wrote:
> I would think so. I was running two tuners with backend / frontend on an
> Athlon 900 just fine. I recently split and upgraded the backend to an
> Athlon 2000 with two PVR250s and a pcHDTV. The frontend is not a P4 3gig
> HT 1meg cache with 1gig memory. I only split them to do hdtv playback.

Hmmm...  I am currently running a Celeron 900 with just the PVR-250,
backend, and frontend and I absolutely cannot get smooth video on a
Matrox G450.  Based on past experience, I would've though this would be
possible.

I realize the C900 is way slower than the A900, however if you can do
dual tuners with the A900, I should be able to run a single tuner with a
C900.

Assuming my Xorg-x11 is configured correctly for this display adapter,
is there any out-of-the-box settings that I would need to tune on MythTV
to make this happen?

Mike.