[mythtv-users] Undefined symbol error when running CVS

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Nov 12 03:06:38 UTC 2004

On Thursday 11 November 2004 08:37 pm, Shawn wrote:
> ...and I get jumped all over for trying to help because I'm wrong? Teach
> me to try and help anyone... Let it be known henceforth that all
> would-be helpers will get the smack-down if they do not meet the
> approval of Isaac Jarod, as judged by the cut of their jiff (sp?).

I do not consider misdiagnosing someone's problem, suggesting an investigative
path that would take an hour or so and likely not find the problem (due to
telling the person to start by checking glibc, etc), recommending that the
user recompile large portions of their userland, and _then_ recommending the
poster switch to gentoo because it magically doesn't have the issue as
misdiagnosed (the exact same problem would happen on gentoo if the user were
to have a version in /usr/lib overriding a fresh compiled version in another
prefix) to be 'helping' in any sense of the word.

If you want to continue to act like an ass (ie, your behavior in the last two
threads you've participated in), please do it somewhere other than my lists.

Isaac