[mythtv-users] Re: Weird Myth/Ivtv problem

Art Morales bioart at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 03:28:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:57:05 -0400, Art Morales <bioart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I think this is an IVTV problem, but I'm not sure if it is mythtv
> related or not.
>
> I have two PVR250's that normally work very well... they capture my
> comcast feed (analog).  Most channels come ok, but neither channels 5
> or 6 come in.  I can record those channels using my Replay...
>
> Anyone every seen this happen?  Is it about fine tunning?  Again, all
> other channels are fine.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Art

I just wanted to answer my own question for completeness sake (for the
archives)...
The default us-cable frequencies in mythtv don't work properly for
comcast in Boston.  Channels 5 and 6 need to be finetuned up 35 points
to get the proper signal... us-cable-hrc may work, but I didn't want
to break anything else... I found the answer in a couple of posts to
the mythtv-users from last year... I originally discounted going that
far back since I was blaming the new ivtv drivers... (sorry Chris :)

Anyways, I get all channels now!

Myth-on!

Art