[mythtv-users] Re: Time to Rip CD's

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 03:51:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:20:10 +1000
David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> Roxxxxxaaannnneee
>
> I was ripping my 'The Police: Greatest Hits' cd the other day when I
> relaised just how long myth took to rip the entire thing.  I know it
> is subjective to your HW, but how long on average does/should it take
> to rip a CD?
>
> For the record I have a Sempron 2400 and 52x LG CD-ROM and it took
> >35mins

That sounds about right.  Keep in mind that Myth rips and encodes each
track sequentially.  Some other rippers allow you to rip all the tracks
first, then encode them, which frees up your CD drive a lot quicker.
One of these days the CD ripper will be integrated into something like
the mtd or the new jobqueue stuff, so you won't have to tie up your
whole frontend for half an hour...

-JAC