[mythtv-users] Dual tuners, frontend and backend doable on P4 520?

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 04:51:34 UTC 2004

I dont think it would be a problem I have:
AMD 2000+ (1.68 ghz)
256mb ram
GF4mx440 (output to 21in monitor)
2 tuners (ATI TV Wonder/Hauppage WinTV GO)
1-ATA100 hard drive
front end and backend on the same machine
Everything runs fine processor wise even encoding to Divx at medium
quality screen resolution 400x300 (480x480 seems to make me run out of
hard drive bandwidth and everything gets jumpy when both encoders are
running)
I can either record 2 shows and or watch 1 and record one, video gets
kinda jumpy with both encoding and watching anything via a remote
front end or local front end.

that may not be an issue with the PVR Cards seeing I am sure some
extra hard drive bandwidth is used to encode to divx while recording.
I am thinking about setting up my /video partition on a raid and
seeing if that fixes it so your specs far outstrip mine so I am sure
you will have enough power