[mythtv-users] AudioOutput Error?

Jeremy Huber mythtv at fallenknight.org
Fri Nov 12 17:06:21 UTC 2004

I'm rebuilding my Myth box onto WBEL and Myth .16.  I'm getting a
strange error when trying to watching recordings or live TV: Unable to
create AudioOutput.  I found a site that suggested downgrading from
Alsa 1.0.6 to 1.0.4, but that didn't seem to make a difference.  Any
suggestions?

My hardware:

PIII 800
PVR-250
Geforce 4 MX 400 (using the Nvidia drivers)
SB Live 5.1 Value

The only changes I made to the settings.pro file were to turn on the
lirc and to comment out OSS and use the alsa part.  I don't remember if
I switched the oss/alsa setting last time, so is that maybe what's
causing my problem?

Thanks!

Jeremy