[mythtv-users] Re: Myth Web question disk usage reporting

Noel Murphy bnmurphy at rogers.com
Fri Nov 12 19:36:37 UTC 2004

I guess I wasn't quite clear enough before. I admit, I got interrupted
when I was writing it and I forgot what I was trying to get across.

The two comments made thus far aren't really the work around I was
looking for.

What I want is to know how much total time I have recorded, how much
disk space those recordings took up, and how much disk space I have
left. The reason is that I can then guesstimate how much disk space an
average recording takes up ( 2.5 GB for every hour, etc) and know how
much disk space (or recording time) I will have left.

Stating that I have 4 recordings taking up 25 GB, isn't right, because
then I would think that each recording takes up 6 GB. Or imagine I have
no recordings. The sentence would then read "0 recordings taking up 25
GB". How silly is that?

I also agree with the 2nd response. I definitely want to know how much
free space I have left.

I think the best way would be the following:
"4 programs, using 12 GB (3 hrs 45 mins). 30 GB free space remaining".

Anyone know how I can change the php to report this? I don't know php,
but I've looked at it and I feel comfortable modifying stuff.

Noel