[mythtv-users] Re: Mythweb question disk usage reporting

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Nov 12 19:50:53 UTC 2004

> What I want is to know how much total time I have recorded, how much
> disk space those recordings took up, and how much disk space I have
> left. The reason is that I can then guesstimate how much disk space an
> average recording takes up ( 2.5 GB for every hour, etc) and know how
> much disk space (or recording time) I will have left.

So for a temporary(?) fix, go to the recordings screen and look at how
big each recording is.  pretty easy to get an estimate from looking at a
few.

> I think the best way would be the following:
> "4 programs, using 12 GB (3 hrs 45 mins). 30 GB free space remaining".
>
> Anyone know how I can change the php to report this? I don't know php,
> but I've looked at it and I feel comfortable modifying stuff.

You missed the part about this not being a php thing.  mythweb gets this
info from the backend.  Nothing to do with php.  Both numbers are
obtained from the master backend, and I don't exactly know how they
relate to slave backends, etc...

-Chris