[mythtv-users] remote frontend database error

Jordack jordack at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 03:08:34 UTC 2004

Well I'm lost.  I'm trying to setup a remote front end
on Fedora C3.  Everyhting is installed correctly, i
used the mythtv-suite for FC2 to install. When I try
to launch mythtv I get this error.

------------
Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/4045]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Access denied for user: 'mythtv at 192.168.1.71' (Using
password: YES)

couldn't open db
------------

My backend runs great its at 192.168.1.70
MYSQL privs are:
 grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified
by "mythtv";

(just for now till i can get it working)

I shut down the iptables.

Tcpdump shows packets being sent from the remote to
the backend.

I haven't changed ( i don't think) any of the default
password.  Only difference is on the backend
everything was done from a user other then 'mythtv'
and Si.  the remote is all done with user 'mythtv' and
Si.

I have modified the muscle.text file to point to the
master backend.

modified the backend (mythtvsetup) changing the
loopback Ip's to the correct ip address.

knowing my luck its a small and simple issue to
resolve (yes the network cable is plugged in) but i
can not figure it out.

Any ideas?