[mythtv-users] My successful setup, with some issues

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 16:15:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:14:40 -0400, David Levine
<curiouskangaroo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm a new user. As of last night I have MythTV working fine,
> following Jarod's FC2 instructions on a new machine.  I do have a few
> minor issues, which I'll get to in a minute.
>
> My first issue was that I couldn't install synaptic... apt couldn't
> find the package.  I didn't bother with trying to figure it out, since
> synaptic wasn't really necessary.
>
> Then I could not get past installing the
> kernel-module-nvidia-graphics6111-$MYKERNEL bit.  apt said it couldn't
> find the package.  I switched to "testing", and then it got it.  I
> then switched back to "stable".

I have the exact same problem - fresh install of FC2 using Jarod's guide.

Can't install synaptic and can't install
kernel-module-nvidia-graphics6111-$MYKERNEL.

$MYKERNEL is set to 2.6.8-1.521.

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003