[mythtv-users] Swishing Over Sound?

George Styles george at ripnet.co.uk
Sat Nov 13 18:05:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

When I record shows using DVB-T in the UK on the channel TMF, strange things happen with the sound.

If I play it back using mythfrontend, it plays perfectly, with no distortion.

If I play the .nuv file directly using mplayer, I get a wierd swishing noise over the sound - its hard to explain, but it sounds like some kind of distortion, which affects in particular voices. The sound is continuous, and distracts from watching the show.

The problem is I use mencoder to export the shows to divx, and that also suffers from the same distortion.

Anyone know why this may be? i know the sound is recorded OK, as it plays ok in mythfrontend.

Is nuvexport working now after the re-write? do we have command line arguments for it yet? i want to encode to mp3 or divx/mp3.

cheers