[mythtv-users] nuvexport speed

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 21:04:26 UTC 2004

I was taking a look at the nuvexport code recently, and I noticed that
(at least for the xvid module; I didn't look at the rest) it was
renicing it to 19 (lowest priority.)  I suppose this makes sense, so
as not to mess up any in-progress recordings, but if you're not using
the box for anything else at the time, you might as well set it
higher, or at least turn off other things that'd take cpu time.

Heck, if you're not using it, just shut down X and use nuvexport from
the terminal.  That'll save you some cpu cycles.

-Nate