[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Sun Nov 14 11:59:33 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 18:08, Michael Cheshire (Mailing Lists) wrote:
> I was getting :
> edited the file, as you suggested - replacing "if ($count < 28)" with "if
> (0)"
> then I got :
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_au_fox line 370.
> <repeated about 20-30 times>
> title element: not writing empty content for title at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/XMLTV.pm line 1730.
> bad data inside programme element, not writing
> <repeated about 20-30 times>
> Sorry it took so long to reply - was interstate last week.

Hi Michael,

I had a look at the files you sent me.  It appears that some of the
programs listed don't have any details for them.  I don't believe it
matters because they maybe undecided at the time the listing was
pulled.  From your email I found out a lot of them were called 'TVSN
Selection' (maybe the shopping network) and the rest 'Fishing' or
'Transworld Sport'.  There maybe others.  I've changed the program to
not add these programs because there isn't anything else that can be
done.

After adding the Foxtel channels and testing, the script reports that
you haven't described all the channels.  Haven't you been pulling all
the channels?  Anyway the script will complain about 'unknown channel x'
but it will continue without any show from thoughts channels.  Add them
if you want.

I'm not sure if 20 threads will make any difference because the web site
may limit connections from an ip address.  Do you think 20 threads make
it any faster?

Paul