[mythtv-users] Funny Error message...is this why high motion in recordings looks grainy?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 12:44:52 UTC 2004

I have noticed some grainyness when there is fast action in the shows
I have recorded.  I then noticed this when running the frontend from
the console.

[mpeg2video @ 0xb32690]Warning MVs not available
pthread_setschedparam: Operation not permitted
2004-11-14 21:56:31 Running as SUID root would allow some threads to
run with realtime priority, improving video smoothness.

Anyone have a clue what the SUID thing is and is it the cause of my
grainyness???

Cheers,
Dave
--