[mythtv-users] Ripping my hair out

Jim Eskew eskewj at alumni.clemson.edu
Mon Nov 15 02:38:48 UTC 2004

To follow up on my earlier posting
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/93860), I still  haven't
found a solution to this bizarre nVidia problem.  To review, I have an
nVidia Geforce 4 MX 420,  and my SVIDEO works out to the TV, but for some
reason when I do a "mplayer /dev/video0" or any test  capture, the video
window just turns bright green on the TV, with everything around it staying
normal.   However, the same window shows the video on my monitor normally
with sound and all.  I formally used  this card on a Windows box to play
DVDs into the same TV, so I know that it has the capability.  I am
desperate enough to go buy a new video card, but I'm not even sure if that
is the problem.

I did decide to use Jarod's xorg.conf from
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2
343;list=mythtv because he has the exact same video card and I assumed it
would work for both of us.  No luck.

Can anyone give me ANY suggestions??  I don't know why I am the only one to
have this problem and any  tips would be greatly appreciated.