[mythtv-users] Re: nuv export speed

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Mon Nov 15 03:07:43 UTC 2004

Lonnie Borntreger wrote:

>Just for fun, I took out the nice commands (for the export_VCD module)
>and ran it.  I might have gained a whole 1 minute for a 1/2 hour show.
>Seems to me to be a 1-to-1 match in show length (in time) and exporting
>length (in time).

What?  Are you trying to say you get a 30 minute show to export in 30
minutes?  That seems to fly in the face of everyone else's experiences.
I've pretty much accepted that I'll only get ~7 FPS, or just shy of 4
hours per hour.  This is unbelievably, aggravatingly slow.

For comparison purposes; I have a Sempron 2400+ with 256 MB RAM, running
the latest KnoppMyth.  Yeah I know, 256 isn't enough.

P.S. I am by no means criticizing nuvexport, I think it's a fabulous
utility (though it's screaming for a web interface).  I am wondering if
the encoder itself are finding a bottleneck somewere.

If you are getting "real time" transcoding, can you tell us your setup
and version information?

Thanks.