[mythtv-users] Need help with DVB-S card & MythTV

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Mon Nov 15 03:55:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 09:05, Mike Frisch wrote:
> Problem: Twinhan DVB-S works outside of MythTV (using szap/mplayer),
> but not in MythTV.
>
> I defined a tuner, satellite, and channel for the DVB card using
> 'mythsetup'.  When I attempt to tune the channel, the MythTV UI freezes
> for about 20 seconds (presumably attempting to tune the channel) and
> then returns to the menu.
>
> How do I get more debugging information to see what it's trying to do?

Hi Mike,

I have a DVB-T from Twinhan.  When I was setting it up, I found out that
you have to repeat some of the settings like the fec or it wont tune.
This was even if the comments mentioned DVB-S, so the reverse may be
true.  I have no idea about debugging information but did you try tuning
it in the setup program.

By the way there is some major patches in the CVS for DVB.

Paul