[mythtv-users] Re: Scrolling in MythMusic playlist selection screen

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 16:39:26 UTC 2004

On Sunday 14 November 2004 23:18, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 13:12, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > I'm beginning to become suspicious of the Nvidia binary drivers...
> > I periodically get the "X consumes 90% of CPU" problem; it's
> > seemingly random but... on my other system (which used to be my
> > Myth box until recently), X hangs consistently when starting KDE.
> > If I switch to the "nv" driver, I have no problems (and also no
> > OpenGL, so not really much use for some things...)
> >
> > If it is the driver, there's not much we can do, short of
> > complaining to Nvidia. Closed source drivers suck.
>
> Hi Joseph,
>
> On my old machine (P3 733MHz) Nvidia binary drivers would lockup if I
> turned on 'Fast Writes'.  Check your modules.conf for "options nvidia
> NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1" and remove.

Thanks, but it wasn't there.  Actually the driver disables AGP for me
because I have a buggy ALi chipset that it auto-detects.

The only difference between this system and the way I had it when it was
my Myth box is the kernel.  The Myth box was running an ATrpms kernel,
now after swapping drives it's running a RedHat/Fedora kernel.  Both
are/were 2.4.22-1.2199.nptl, and everything else is pretty much a stock
FC1 installation.  I think I'll take this over to the Nvidia/Linux
forum.

-JAC