[mythtv-users] Viewing while recording weirdness

Lonnie Borntreger myth at borntreger.com
Mon Nov 15 19:11:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 13:33 -0500, Matt Mossholder wrote:
>     I suspect that the recording is being played back at a slightly
> faster rather than it is being recorded, and the playback is bumping
> up against the tail end and starting over.

Mine doesn't usually restart, but I know that it is playing faster than
it is recording.  When watching live tv, I get some choppiness in my
audio.  To solve, I just hit pause for a couple seconds, then it plays
perfectly from the ringbuffer.  After a little while, it will be choppy
again.  Hitting the pause will show that it is due to the fact that I've
"caught up" to the live stream again.  It's not a lot, maybe a second or
two for every minute watched.  My guess is that my choppiness is caused
by the live stream not being fast enough for the playback.

0.16 here also.

Lonnie Borntreger