[mythtv-users] So, just how DO i watch TV?

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Mon Nov 15 20:46:39 UTC 2004

Hi,

> >Launching Watch TV just brings a black screen. If i press any channel
> >change button, i get a "Changing from None to None" and get returned to
> > >main menu
>
> Ok, restarting everything seem to kinda work. :)
>
> I can now change input, BUT i can NOT figure out how to map channels. My TV
> says i have Channels on "Channel 16" and "Channel 17" (yeah, i have more,
> but lets start with two. Just HOW do i enter a channel in channel editor
> that is on channel 16 for PAL-Europe?  I tried entering 16 in frequency
> identifier, but got nothing.

I found the easiest way to enter PAL channels is to manually enter the
frequencies.  A freqid would look like 175250 with finetune set to 0.
That would equal 175.25 Mhz.  Unfortunately, frequencies under 50Mhz are
not yest supported, so you need to enter it as E2 if you have a channel
on 48.25 Mhz.

Kind regards,

Mark Wormgoor