[mythtv-users] Congress to Make Commercial Skipping Illegal

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 16:04:01 UTC 2004

Wow, this is great, now I can't change channels during commercials.
(That would be hardware based skipping) Good thing they don't classify
biological because then I would break the law when I go to the
bathroom!

Also a "computer program that allows people to skip commercial" would
be any video editing program. Which would be interesting because then
the TV industry wouldn't have any software to add the commercials to
the existing content. Then we wouldn't need commercial skipping.

Just because they broadcast commercials doesn't mean I have to watch
them. It's a free country and you can't force me to watch something I
don't want to. (which is in effect what they are trying to do)

I think the music and movie industry is really going to change kicking
and screaming all the way. These bogus laws are their way of kicking
and screaming. We should all write and complain before this law goes
into effect.
--
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi