[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Set top Box

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Nov 16 19:04:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 11:00, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> > And the MediaMVP is under $100, it can be found as
> > low as $70 with rebates some times. It would be nice
> > to hear from someone who is using it. From the notes
> > on the mvpmc site, it seems to be up and running for
> > playback with Myth .6
>
> I'm using one.  Seems nice.  mvpmc software is still a work in progress
> though.  Very small, totally quiet, much more energy efficient than even
> a small PC.

Robert,

Can you give a little background on how you're using this? Looking at
Aminocom's web site they have a few of these devices:
AmiNET103
AmiNET110
etc.

Which device are you using?
Then you have this device and it runs the mvpmc software?

This allows you to watch LiveTV from Myth? Recordings?

Just looking for a real world scenerio, with how you have this setup and
briefly what you're able to do. I'm looking for a low-cost, quiet
frontend to watch recordings and mythvideo and has a usable remote
control.

Thanks,
James