[mythtv-users] Can myth switch between Video cards? - Minimyth

Derek Jennings derek at disposable.dnsalias.org
Tue Nov 16 20:37:52 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 19:47, George Styles wrote:
> How did you do diskless? are you using a CF card? can I ask which distro
> you are using?
>
> thanks

I am using Minimyth (www.linpvr.org) specifically I am using a recent build of
minimyth (Itai's build - See the Projects thread in the forum) which runs on
2.6 kernel, has the Unichrome driver and works with current Myth CVS.

MiniMyth is a minimal Linux distro which boots using PXE from a server.
It is only about 40M and runs in memory as a cram file system. It also
connects to the server with NFS mounts so you can access your media
collections without a hard drive.

It can just as easily boot from CF, and I have set it up to do so in order
that I can use a wireless connection. (PXE will not work over wireless)

Unfortunately I have had limited success with wireless networking a Linksys
WUSB adapter because the kernel crashes about 50% of the time when I insert
the ndiswrapper driver.
If anyone has a Linksys WUSB working on a Mini-ITX I would love to hear about
it.

derek