[mythtv-users] Re: Congress to Make Commercial Skipping Illegal

Jesse Adelman someone at boldandbusted.com
Tue Nov 16 20:50:33 UTC 2004

OK. Just got through a whirlwind morning. Called my senators (as I
e-mailed before). Then I called the biggest-rated AM talk radio host in
SF - Ronn Owens (KGO 810 AM). He's a big Tivo fan. I let him know about
the section of the bill we care about. He thought initially I was
spreading an urban rumor, but is investigating it further. But, I found
the relevant section (212) of the bill, and let them know about it.
Unfortunately, as he ended his show, they were still trying to not
"jump to conclusions" and painting it as only punishing commercial
redistribution of edited shows. But, hopefully tomorrow they'll have a
congressperson on - they tried to get a legislator on, but didn't
succeed.

-- Jesse

=====