[mythtv-users] lircd and automatic startup

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Nov 17 09:42:35 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 01:26, Rob Rosenfeld wrote:
> jsee at emich.edu wrote:
> >Here is my problem. mythbackend and lircd start just fine during boot
> >up, at least the log (/var/log/boot.log) says they do. However my
> >remote does not work.
> >
> >If I kill mythbackend and mythfrontend, manually start lircd, then
> >start mythbackend and mythfrontend again then everything works just
> >fine.
> >
> >Anybody have this happened to them or have any ideas how to fix this?
>
> Have you tried testing with irw as noted in Jarod's guide?  Maybe it's
> permissions on the lirc device depend on who starts it?

I think its actually (as now noted in the latest rev of said guide) the stupid
0.7.0pre8 version that doesn't load properly anymore. Anyone running
0.7.0pre8 can back off to pre7 w/this:

# apt-get install lirc=0.7.0-38_pre7.rhfc2.at lirc-lib=0.7.0-38_pre7.rhfc2.at
kernel-module-lirc-`uname -r`=0.7.0-38_pre7.rhfc2.at

(all on one line, back-ticks around uname)

Still haven't gotten around to trying pre8 myself...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...