[mythtv-users] PVR-250 vs PVR-250MCE

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Nov 17 16:45:46 UTC 2004

On 11/17/2004 11:32 AM, David Erickson wrote:

>Is there a difference between the PVR-250 and PVR-250MCE?

Yes

>  And do i care?

Maybe

>I have a PVR-350 for my main card and want to add a second tuner card for
>PIP or dual recording functionality.

This has been covered several times in the list.  The MCE doesn't
include the remote or have an external connector for it. The MCE has a
radio input.  The MCE uses RCA connectors for the left and right audio
input.  The non-MCE uses a stereo 1/8" phone plug.  As in headphone
plug, not telephone plug, nor is it a phono plug.  Other than that they
are basically the same and use the same ivtv driver.  Oh, I almost
forgot, the MCE is usually cheaper.  Search the archives for more info.

--
David