[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Ben Brown mythtv at idiotsabound.com
Wed Nov 17 18:50:11 UTC 2004

The problem is I can duplicate this across multiple machines with different
MB, PSU, CPU, Graphics Cards and HD.   The only thing in common is the
memory.  Now I though it may have been jus one specific stick of Memory, but
I've got about 6 different sticks and still get machine freezes.  Also, I
only get freezes with Myth running.  Never get them without myth running.

It really is troubling.
Ben

>My condolences. I had a similar problem with a board that I'd had for a
>few years, but only used lightly. In the end, it proved to be bad
>capacitors on the board. I'm waiting to get parts to prove it once and
>for all, they are actually stuck at Fedex.

>Can you take a flash light and look at the Mobo you suspect has
>problems. The only thing I can think of that you haven't replaced is
>your PSU.

>Yan

>Ben Brown wrote:
>> Actually I guess I should have explained myself further. This relates to
>> the .16 Myth Freeze threads. I've had mythtv up and running for over 3
>> years on these machines. .15 runs fine, .16 causes freezes. Without fail,

>> and repeats every time. I've run several different Memory test and tried
at
>> least 5 or 6 different pieces of RAM. I've run memtest several times.
It's