[mythtv-users] MythVideo using Internal player

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Nov 17 21:01:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 15:29, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 November 2004 15:05, James Pifer wrote:
> > Wondering if anyone has experienced this. I used vobcopy to rip a
> > home video DVD to a single vob file. If I try to play this using
> > mythvideo using the Internal player the audio and video play very
> > quickly, like the chipmunks are doing the voice. If I play it with
> > mplayer it plays fine.
> >
> > I prefer using the Internal player. Is there anything I can do to
> > adjust the mpeg so the Internal player is happy with it? I also tried
> > using avidemux2 to chop up the vob file, re-saving the sections as
> > DVD PS, but I get the exact same results.
>
> Try playing with the "Use video as timebase" option?  It's either under
> Setup->General or Setup->TV->Playback.
>
> -JAC

Setting "Use video as timebase" didn't seem to have any affect.

I also tried running what the others suggested without success:
[root at mythtv videos]# mythcommflag --video "home1.mpg"
home1.mpg
2004-11-17 15:48:26 mythcommflag version: 0.16.20040906-1 www.mythtv.org
2004-11-17 15:48:26 Enabled verbose msgs : important general

MythTV Commercial Flagging, started at Wed Nov 17 15:48:26 2004

Building seek table for: home1.mpg
Rebuilt

Finished commercial break flagging at Wed Nov 17 15:49:17 2004

Looks like it rebuilt the seek table but the video still plays the same.
Thanks,
James