[mythtv-users] First Myth TV box

Adam Bodnar tanlis_dsl at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 05:27:34 UTC 2004

I've been thinking about setting one up for some time now and finally
gotten off my butt to start putting it together.

I am going to do a master/slave setup and this is what I have so far. I
don't have HDTV nor a receiver.

Master:
2400 Sempron
ECS K7VTA3
Sound Blaster 128/512 (Can't remember which and may be removed in place
of the onboard sound)
Seagate 160GB 7200 ATA/100
GeForce 440MX

Slave:
I haven't speced this out yet and looking for suggestions for the
internals and case. Would prefer the case to be reasonably small(slim
lined like a dvd player) and quiet.

Couple questions:
Now what I haven't figured out is where it'd be better to put the
Hauppauge PVR-250. Should it go in the slave or master? From what I've
read seems like it can go either.

Has anyone gotten a Pronto to work with Myth TV?

Besides outputting the audio thru speakers, has anyone ever fed it back
in through the tv?

Appreciate all the information and help.