[mythtv-users] New HD3000 drivers

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Thu Nov 18 18:14:04 UTC 2004

> In the next week or two there will be yet another driver release that
> will have improved 64 bit and MP support.  The buffer will also be
> doubled and we should see the Buffer Overrun errors pretty much vanish.

I would also *highly* recommend pulling down one of the later
2.6.10-rc? and getting the driver to work with that as well as with
earlier releases: a lot of the PCI interface code has changed to such
an extent that I had to hack on it for about an hour even to get it to
compile.

At least one of us (and hopefully more than one of us) is waiting on
2.6.10 + Ingo's now-mostly-working realtime preempt support because I
can't get all of my external kernel drivers working with late-model
linux kernel release candidates.  I'm hoping that most of my remaining
latency issues will be solved by this combination.

Cheers,
Kyle