[mythtv-users] [OT] hard disk sound interferance?

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 20:43:42 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:13:55 +0000, Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Off topic I know - but my pundit seems to suffer from sound
> interferance, odd crackle every few sec's.
>
> Seems related to the harddisk (cat stuff > /dev/null) and removing the
> DVDrom-> soundcard connector helped.

Well I am not sure if its the same, mine almost makes a very high
pitch sound which kinda modulates when ever my hard drive is in use,
so when I have the speakers on I can hear whenever a show starts,
I am not using a pundit, but another board with onboard sound, I am
assuming the is bleed over from the northbridge or southbridge chip
that shares the audio and the hdd controller on it, I havent beaten
apathy yet to open my backend/frontend and put a separate card in this
to see if it helps