[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport speed

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 21:12:56 UTC 2004

You'll note that I never said that having it reniced to 19 was a bad
idea.  I simply meant to point out that as opposed to renicing to -19,
as was suggested, you might reach a middle ground, by renicing it to,
say, zero, or something.  It might be handy if you're simply doing
something like web browsing, and you don't care if pages are rendered
a bit slower while you're transcoding.  I personally just keep mine at
-19 and shut off X when I'm not using it.

OT: are the commandline switches for nuvexprot documented anywhere?  I
didn't see anything about them in man nuvexport.  I suppose I could
just read the source, if they're not.

-Nate