[mythtv-users] When does nvram-wakeup run?

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 21:28:39 UTC 2004

I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to set nvram-wakeup to automatically wake
my Myth box up.

I can successfully run nvram-wakeup as root from the command line.
Doing so will set the BIOS wakeup time, and if I shut down, the box
will wake up at the assigned time.

Here's the command I use to set wakeup for 10 mins from now:

[root at myth root]# nvram-wakeup -s $((`date +%s` + 10 * 60))

I can't seem to get Myth to run nvram-wakeup.

I have set the values in mythtvsetup as follows:

Wakeup time format: time_t
Set wakeuptime command: nvram_wakeup -s $time

Myth never seems to set the wakeup time. Does anyone know when it
should be set? Or better, can anyone share their working configuration
settings?

Thanks,
Lane

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003