[mythtv-users] Alsa: duplicate output to SPDIF?

Phill Edwards phill_edwards at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 10:11:36 UTC 2004

This doesn't answer your question so I apologise in advance (and it's a bit
off topic). My mobo has a SPDIF connector but I don't understand how to
connect it all up to the Liteon DVD-ROM. I asked them about this in a shop
and they didn't have a clue about what cables I needed. Is there a special
type of cable you need to buy to connect DVD-ROM to the SPDIF port on the
mobo? And then when they are connected does it just automatically feed the
sound to the on-board sound card?

Regards,
Phill