[mythtv-users] Force Prebuffering Pause How To

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 17:58:44 UTC 2004

Agreed that this problem can show up for all sorts of reasons.  Last
night I compiled the latest CVS, and started getting prebuffering
pauses.  I figured, I'd see if it matched other's symptoms where X was
taking up tons of cpu so I opened up top.  To my suprise, the cpu was
only at about 45%, and X was only like 10% of that.  What I did
notice, though, was that there were 3 instances of gst-thumbnail
taking up way more cpu than they should, (though by no means all.)
So, I killed them, restarted mythfrontend, and that did it: no more
prebuffering pauses.

-Nate