[mythtv-users] MythTV refuses to start (long)

Shawn Asmussen shawn.asmussen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 19:48:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:31:05 +0100, Jorn Argelo <jorn at wcborstel.nl> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> First of all, my apologies if my e-mail is too long, but I felt like that
> sharing as much info as possible would help most in solving my problem.
>
> I've been trying to get MythTV up and running for a few days now, but with no
> success. First I'll post my specs:
>
> Gentoo Linux 2.6.9-r4
> ivtv-0.2.0-rc2t

Well, you may want to stick with a less bleeding edge version of ivtv
to get started with. New versions of the development ivtv driver churn
out at a rate that is sometimes as fast as a couple per day, so some
of them are less stable than others. I'd suggest trying
ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck100z, which seems to be a pretty popular, and
generally stable version. Once you get it going, then you can try
experimenting with some of the cutting edge driver versions if you
want to. If you're getting the driver directly from Chris Kennedy's
site, which from the driver version you're using, I'd say you are,
then there is an OLD_good-ones directory that has the ck100z version
in there.

Shawn Asmussen