[mythtv-users] New direction...I would like to build a better mouse (Bill G.) trap.

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 20 02:50:52 UTC 2004

John Dickson wrote:

>I am sure every one has seen this on Mythtv.org

Yes, I have.  At the risk of sounding like a troll, at this point I will
ask you to remove your tinfoil hat so that some of the replies you will
get might actually penterate.  I am not going to bother addressing each
one of your points - you're obviously far too paranoid with far too much
time on your hands.

MythTV does not have much to do with obtaining programming data.  With
the exception of datadirect (which was written in because it was
convenient for people to use) all guide data is obtained through
grabbers written using the XMLTV wrapper.  *Anyone* can write an XMLTV
grabber if they want - the only "restriction" is whether there is a
place you can get data for you area area.