[mythtv-users] LIRC loading time

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Nov 20 20:06:25 UTC 2004

On Nov 19, 2004, at 4:25 PM, Jonathan Chapman wrote:

> checked the permissions of ~/.mythtv/lircrc all looks correct same
> with the filenames... what else would cause irw to work but not
> mythtv?

Don't know. If you really have the right permissions on lircrc (i.e.,
your mythtv user can actually read it) and all the button names match
up with the button names in lircd.conf, it should work. I haven't a
clue what else could be going wrong, most people don't have this much
trouble. Feel free to include a copy of the output from "ls -l
/home/<mythtvuser>/.mythtv/lircrc" (changing <mythtvuser> to whatever
your Myth user is. You might also include your lircd.conf and lircrc
contents. Perhaps you're missing something that someone else will
notice.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com